Getting your finances in order is the best way to get yourself ready to buy a home. Getting pre-approved for a loan is the first step in kicking off the home buying process, however it’s also during this time that many people are forced to postpone their plans because they realize their finances are not in tip-top shape. To help you avoid this bummer moment, check out a few app ideas below that can help keep you on track! Because there are so many apps out there, we describe a few different types, what to look for, and offer some suggestions! Even if you aren’t looking to buy a home, it’s always a good idea to keep an eye on what’s going on in your wallet!
A personal finance and money app
Find an app that allows you to:
- View all of your personal finance accounts in one place.
- Track all cash, credit card, and checking account transactions.
- Set up financial goals such as saving for a trip and paying down debt.
- Allows you to categorize purchases so that you can understand your spending patterns.
- Look at reports and charts for easy understanding of your goals and spending patterns.
- Be reminded about bill due dates so that you never miss a payment.
An app that gives you security
Find an app that:
- Protects your credit cards from fraudulent charges.
- Allows you to view balances and recurring charges across all your credit and debit cards.
- Alerts you if a suspicious charge is posted to your account.
- Let’s you know if a data breach has occurred at a place where you have shopped.
An app you can share with your spouse
Find app that:
- Allows you to easily track expenses with your significant other, and safely synch data between devices.
- Adds new transactions as you make them with one click.
- Provides built-in calculators, for those complicated scenarios.
- Details out transactions.
An app that can help you save
Find an app that:
- Checks your spending habits and automatically saves money from your checking account if you can afford it.
- Allows you to withdraw money from your savings at any time.
- Allows unlimited transfers with no minimums and no fees.
With all of these tools at your fingertips, it can be pretty simple to get yourself ready to purchase a home. If you want more information about getting pre-approved or obtaining a home loan, one of our expert Mortgage Strategists would be happy to help! Give us a call – (877) 706-5856.